Pre-K provides a rigorous academic preschool education for children. Classes focus on teaching children to:
- see themselves as capable learners.
- develop reading, writing and math skills.
- work well with other children and adults.
In Pre-K we explore and learn about ourselves and our community, the natural world, and changes over time. We use the Saint Paul Public School’s Curriculum, Discovering Our World. We are learning about many fascinating topics through literature, hands-on exploration, and experiments. Our classroom is full of possibilities!
PRE-K IN-SCHOOL LEARNING SCHEDULE
7:30 - 8:00 Breakfast/Ease Into the Day
8:00 - 8:30 Daily Meeting
8:30 - 9:30 Active Learning - Guided Groups
9:30 - 10:00 Recess/Large Motor
10:00 - 10:50 Specialists - Phy Ed, Science, Art, Music, Technology
10:50 - 11:20 Lunch
11:20 - 12:20 Active Learning - Guided Groups
12:20 - 1:00 Rest Time
1:00 - 1:10 Independent Reading
1:10 - 1:30 Regroup to Revisit
1:30 - 1:50 Recess/Large Motor
1:55 - 2:00 Dismissal
Grade - Pre-K Grade
- 1- large sized backpack
- 1- pair of tennis shoes for gym class
- 1- box of thick Crayola Markers
- 1- box of Crayola Crayons
- 2 - Elmer's Glue Sticks
- 4 - pack of Expo Dry Erase Markers
- 4 - pack of Play-Doh
- 2 - plastic 2-pocket folders (1 red and 1 of your choice)
- 2 - boxes of Kleenex
- 1- box Quart or Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- 1- Roll of Paper Towels
- 1- Roll of heavy duty (Scotch) wide, clear packing tape
- 1 or 2 - Containers of Cleaning Wipes
* Please provide an extra set of clothes (pants) and underwear - kept in backpack or locker.
*Also plan to have warm snow pants, mittens/gloves, boots, and a coat for outdoor winter recess.