Obama School Uniforms
Because academics are our primary concern, we want to make sure scholars are able to focus on school and are not distracted by what they wear or by what other classmates wear. Listed below is our uniform policy.
- Polo Shirts, blouses, sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts in red, navy light blue or white
- Pants, Shorts, Skirts and Jumpers in Navy or Khaki
- Pants must be uniform style with a button, zipper and pockets.
- Skirts must be no shorter than three inches above the knee
- Flat bottom close-toed shoes (no sandals)
*Hajabs may be worn with school uniforms*
Obama Elementary does not provide uniforms for scholars. Uniforms may be purchased at K-mart, Wal-mart, Target etc.
What will happen if a student comes to school out of uniform?
Scholars are expected to arrive at school everyday in full uniform. Please don’t send the scholar to school out of uniform. Scholars who arrive out of uniform will be sent to the office to call home for a uniform. A reminder letter may be sent home as well. If willful uniform violation continues over time, an administrator may assign a one day dismissal.
If your scholar must come to school out of uniform due to emergency circumstances, please call the school ahead of time and ask to speak with one of the school counselors or family engagement staff.