February 26, 2018
It is almost spring! It’s hard to believe, but we are also planning for summer school and next fall. If your child currently attends Saint Paul Music Academy in pre-K through grade four, they will automatically be enrolled here next year. Summer school applications will be distributed in the next week. Contact your child’s teacher if you did not receive an application and want your child registered. All summer school applications should be mailed to the district placement center. The district will send families a letter at the end of the school year that will list the summer school your child will be attending.
Spring is also the time when we enter our MCA testing window. Students in third, fourth and fifth grade will be taking this state assessment over a three-week period, beginning after spring break. Students will be taking the test on iPads for the first time.
We have several events coming up in the next few months:
- Conferences are held on March 21, 22, and 23. Please call our office if you need to change your assigned time.
- Parent Academy on March 26 – 5:30 – 8 – focus on bi-literacy
- Culture Night – a family event on May 2, from 5:30 – 7
- Pre-K and new student registration night on May 16, from 5 – 6:30
- Spring Concert – May 24, from 10 - 11
I know everyone is looking forward to a week of vacation. Our first day of spring break begins on Monday, April 2nd, and students return on Monday, April 9th. I hope the weather cooperates, and families are able to spend some time outside.
Thank you for all of your support.
Barbara J. Evangelist, Principal