Welcome to Highland Park Athletics
The HPMS athletics department believes that sport programs should provide opportunities to develop skills, practice teamwork, and have fun, with a goal to win. While teaching athletic skills, HPMS coaches are also teaching responsibility, sportsmanship, social skills, and hard work.
How do I register for a sport?
Students need to complete FOUR forms in order to register for a Middle School sport:
- The Sports Qualifying Physical. This form must be completed by a physician and is valid for three years.
- The 2018-2019 MSHSL Eligibility Statement. The Eligibility Statement is pages 8-9 of the Eligibility Brochure. It can be completed and signed by the parent/guardian and player.
- TheParent/Player Contract. This form outlines the Highland Park MS athletic policies.
- The Afterschool Athletic Transportation Form. This form is required for all afterschool activities, including athletics. Use this form to indicate your interest to participate in ALL sport seasons for the school year.
Payment for Athletic Fees:
- Cash or Checks made out to 'Highland Park Middle School' can be brought to the main office.
- OR credit card payments can be submitted through FeePay system. Families must have an account to register through this site. Registration information is available here.
Middle School Athletic fees are $45 per sport. Families who qualify for free/reduced lunch can pay the reduced fee of $30 per sport.
- All students entering as sixth graders are eligible to participate in sports on a space available basis.
- All seventh and eighth grade students are eligible for athletic participation in the fall.
- Students remain eligible until they accrue two Ns (determined by end-of-course grades each quarter).
- Student athletes who are truant from class will not be allowed to participate.
- Student athletes must be in school by 10:30 AM in order to participate.
Fall - Starts 9/10/18
Middle School - Girls’ and Boys’ Soccer, Co-Ed Flag Football, and Volleyball Registration due 09/06/18
High School - Cross-Country, Adapted Soccer, Girls’ Swimming/Diving, and Girls’ Tennis
Winter I - Starts 10/29/18
Middle School - Girls’ Basketball Registration due 10/25/18
Co-Ed Wrestling (Wrestling Starts 11/19/18) Registration due 11/13/18
High School - Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing, Boys’ and Girls’ Hockey, Boys Swimming/Diving, and Gymnastics
Winter II - Starts 1/14/19
Middle School - Boys’ Basketball Registration due 01/11/19
High School - Adapted Floor Hockey
Spring - Starts 4/8/19
Middle School - Softball, Baseball, Badminton Registration due 03/28/19
and Track & Field (Track starts 3/25/29) Track registration due 03/21/19
High School - Boys’ Tennis, Boys’ and Girls’ Golf, Adapted Bowling, Adapted Softball, Boys’ and Girls’ Lacrosse, Clay Target
Adaptive Sports teams are grades 6-12. Information and schedules are available at http://mnadaptedathletics.org
There is a $45 sports fee for each sport that an athlete participates in. This must be paid before the student can practice or play. If you receive free or reduced lunch the fee is $30.
Return all completed forms to the box on the counter in the main office.
If you have already completed the MSHSL Statement this school year you do not need to fill it out again. If you haven't, it must be completed and turned in with your registration. Please make sure you have a sports physical on file with the nurses office. Sports physical are valid for 3 years, but must be approved by the school health office in order for students to participate in try-outs, practices, or games.
Additional Information including schedules, scores, schedules and standings are available at the District Athletic Website, stpaulcity.org.
Please contact the athletic director if you have any questions.