Welcome to Highland Park Athletics
The HPMS athletics department believes that sport programs should provide opportunities to develop skills, practice teamwork, and have fun, with a goal to win. While teaching athletic skills, HPMS coaches are also teaching responsibility, sportsmanship, social skills, and hard work.
There are THREE ways that students can register for sports:
- Parents and students can complete the on-line form under the Athletics section of this website. After completing this form, you will then need to submit the MSHSL form (available in the forms section) and payment to the office.
- Complete the paper registration forms available in the forms section of this website.
- OR through the FeePay system. Families must have an account to register through this site. Registration information is available here.
The on-line form or paper registration forms should be used if paying by check or cash. FeePay system can be used for credit card transactions.
- All students entering as sixth graders are eligible to participate in sports on a space available basis.
- All seventh and eighth grade students are eligible for athletic participation in the fall.
- Students remain eligible until they accrue two Ns (determined by end-of-course grades each quarter).
- Student athletes who are truant from class will not be allowed to participate.
- Student athletes must be in school by 10:30 AM in order to participate.
Middle School Athletic Schedule:
Fall Winter 1 Winter 2
7th and 8th grade students can participate in a sport in the high school as long as we don’t offer it at the middle school. Additional Sports available at the High School include: Boys and girls Golf, Swimming and diving, Boys’ Tennis, Girls’Tennis, Dance Team, cross country, nordic and alpine skiing, and boys and girls Hockey.
Adaptive Sports teams are grades 6-12. Information and schedules are available at http://mnadaptedathletics.org
There is a $45 sports fee for each sport that an athlete participates in. This must be paid before the student can practice or play. If you recieve free or reduced lunch the fee is $30.
Return all completed forms to the box on the counter in the main office.
If you have already completed the MSHSL Statement this school year you do not need to fill it out again. If you haven't, it must be completed and turned in with your registration. Please make sure you have a sports physical on file with the nurses office. Sports physical are valid for 3 years, but must be approved by the school health office in order for students to participate in try-outs, practices, or games.
Additional Information including schedules, scores, schedules and standings are available at the District Athletic Website, stpaulcity.org.
Please contact the athletic director if you have any questions.