- Introductions of attendees
- May 21st Soup Fundraiser with Ms. Elliott
Does anyone want to make soup to donate? (Instead of a meal for teachers at conferences.) Students will have made bowls in class and will sell.
- Teacher Appreciation Week – Donuts or Coffee one morning – Student thank you notes – parents share personal thank yous, students can make videos for Thank Yous.
- Last Conferences are May 6, 4:30 – 7:30 pm
- Jon Smith showing where our announcements are online. Announcements will be weekly and be shown in Foundations and be available for you all.
- The App Store is being replaced by a district App Store.
- iPads will be turned in the last week of May. They will be redistributed to students in the Fall.
- Students are using great responsibility with iPads in the classrooms.
- Common Sense Media is a great resource for parents to check the appropriateness of an app
- Some parents are making contracts with their students if they mis-use iPads
- It was suggested to keep students using their tech in public so that parents can see what they are doing.
- Our last meeting of the year is May 18th
- High School Choir concert is May 14 at 7:00
- High School Musical is The Apple Tree May 28th, 29th and 30th at 7:00 pm.
- Parents love the short detailed part of the Scoop.
Requests for Ms. Elliott's Arts Event in May:
Electronic announcements about the arts event would be great. Can we send out a reminder about the entire event?