Ramsey's Athletic Program offers a variety of sports each season. Each sports season is about nine weeks long. In all of the sports programs, Ramsey teams compete against other middle schools in our district. We have four sports seasons throughout the school year consisting of 12 different teams.
In order to participate in Ramsey Atheltics, student athletes must have an Athletic Physical Form on file with the school nurse. The health examination needs to have been completed within the past three years. Students athletes must also turn in a Athletic Permission Form for each sport they play during the year. Please click on the Health Examination and Parent Permission forms on the right under forms. Student athletes can also pick up copies of these forms in the school office or from Ms. Ekegren room (1102).
Along with those forms, student athletes need to be in good academic standing to be able to participate in Ramsey Athletics. Student always comes before athlete. In order to particiapte in any sport, student athletes must pass classes. Student athletes are no longer eligible once they have failed two classes during a grading period. A student athlete may be eligible if they raise their grades during the next grading period. Questions about this please contact the Athletic Director.
- Encourage levels of excellence from our athletic teams that match our expectations in the classroom.
- Instill appreciation of commitment to team, school and fitness.
- Teach rules, skills, self-discipline, cooperation, sportsmanship, respect and commitment to shared goals.
- Support positive self-image and confidence gained through athletic participation.
- Have fun and promote school pride.
Program Fees: There is a fee for each season to help pay for equipment, uniforms, and a t-shirt for each student athlete.
- $15 for student athletes who qualify for free or reduced lunch
- $30 for student athletes who DO NOT qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Games: The school will supply transportation to and from away games.
- Fall Practices: Parents/guardians must provide transportation for their student athlete during the fall season.
- Winter and Spring Practices: All student athletes will be assigned a bus if they qualify. The afterschool buses run Monday-Thursday, there are no buses on Fridays. Buses will depart at 4:07pm from Ramsey.
Student Athletic Behavior Expectations:
- Exhibit desirable behavior at all times while representing the school.
- Respect my opponent, fellow students, team members, coaches and spectators.
- Exercise self-control at all times, and accept and respect the officials’ judgment and interpretation of the rules.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and cooperative behavior.
- Respect school property and the property of students and community members.
How to Register:
- Listen to the morning and afternoon announcements.
- Complete Athletic Permission Form and Athletic Physical Form and hand it into the office.
- Forms are handed out during lunches and sports meeting (approximately two weeks before each sport season begins).
- All forms can be found in the main office at anytime.
After School Sports Schedules:
- Ramsey Sports: https://ramseyms.rschoolteams.com/
Students Watching After-School Athletic Events:
- An adult or staff member must accompany students. (When there is a late game, students must be with an adult at all times until the athletic event starts)
- The adult or staff member must actively supervise the student during the entire event.
- Students watching the game must provide their own transportation home (NO tokens will be given).
- Students must stay in the activity area for the duration of the event.
- Students must leave immediately following the event.
- Students must follow directions and expectations communicated to them.
- Students must be respectful, responsible, and safe during the entire event.
Ramsey Athletic Office
Girls Volleyball, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, and Co-ed Flag Football
1st Winter Sports:
2nd Winter Sports: January 14th
Spring Sports: TBD
Girls Badminton, Girls Softball, Boys Baseball, and Co-ed Track