Ramsey Middle School Parent Teacher Organization
CLASSROOM VOLUNTEER PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Seeking kind-hearted, compassionate and curious adults who are ready to learn with and from students as a classroom volunteer.
Goals - To support Ramsey students’ learning during the school day by inviting parents, families and community members from diverse backgrounds to engage with students. To have volunteers that reflect the students we interact with including color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
Volunteer Characteristics - Volunteers need to interact with students with a kind heart, to approach student behavior with compassion and curiosity. Have an openness to learn from students; volunteers need a patience and willingness to see the genius in all students.
Role - Teachers determine how to use volunteers: in classroom help, small group pull-outs to library, or a combination of the two.
Assignment - Volunteers will self-select a time and classroom using the link in next week's weekly email.
Classroom Subjects - English Language Arts (ELA), Math, Social Studies, French, Art, Library, and Science, to name a few!
Orientation Required prior to starting in the classroom - Topics include What to expect, Your role, Developing Cross Racial Relationships, etc. Mandatory meeting with teacher to ask questions and learn about the teacher prior to starting in the classroom.
TO JOIN AS A CLASSROOM VOLUNTER
- Complete the Volunteer Intake Form (coming soon to the Ramsey website and Facebook Page)
- Sign Up at Ramsey Middle School on the “I’m Interested in Classroom Volunteering” clipboard in the Ramsey Main Office
- Send an email to Ramseyvolunteers@gmail.com. Include your name, preferred phone number and a good time to reach you.
- Reach out to one or more of the parent classroom volunteer coordinators
- Christine Danielson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ginny DeLuca, email@example.com
- Rachel Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassandra Foster, email@example.com
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to connecting with you.
Classroom Volunteering Not for You?
Many other opportunities exist to get involved and make a difference on a weekly or special event basis. For example: Assist the office staff in the morning (7:15 - 8:00), be a field trip chaperone, prepare or bring in a meal for the teachers on conference nights, and more. Contact RamseyPTO@gmail.com for other non-classroom volunteer opportunities.
Consider making a donation in any amount directly to the Ramsey PTO. Your donation will directly fund student and classroom needs.
Checks should be sent to:
c/o Ramsey Middle School
1700 Summit Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55105
The primary goal of the PTO is to support our Ramsey Middle School community in the following ways:
- Foster a sense of community
- Raise money to support our school programs
- Provide volunteers for school events
- Keep families represented and informed
Why should I go to a PTO meeting?
- Support and stay involved with your student(s) and our school
- Hear and share ideas on ways to improve/support Ramsey Middle School programs
- Be informed about and weigh in on how to allocate funds
- Meet teachers and families and make new friends