Johnson High School Counseling Office
1349 Arcade Street Saint Paul, MN 55106
Counseling Office: (651) 290-8396
Fax: (651) 293-6684
"School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement."
Welcome to Johnson Senior High School’s Counseling Department and CCRC (College & Career Resource Center)
Want to schedule an appointment with a counselor? Click on the counselor Calendly link below to be directed to their appointment calendar or email the counselor directly.
Using Google Meet Instructions for students Google Meet Student Instructions
Licensed School Counselors:
Candy Pagel (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Students with last names B-H
John Eschenbacher (email@example.com) - Students with last names I-Q
Ker Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Students with last names R-Va
Song Lor (email@example.com) - Students with last names A, Vb-Z
Samina Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Senior Class, College & Career Resource Center (CCRC)
- The following content is for educational purposes only. By accessing this material, I agree not to share this content with anyone not enrolled in the class or assisting an enrolled student. Unauthorized distribution of any distance learning content, including sharing video recordings or screenshots on the internet or social media, is strictly prohibited.
The counselors at Johnson Senior High School partner with students, families and staff to support student success. To learn more about each counselor, click on their name in the box on the left.JOHNSON HIGH SCHOOL 2020 GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENT, INVITATATIONS, AND LINKS!
The 2020 virtual commencement will begin streaming at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, June 2. Below is the link for accessing the graduation.
Also, please see attached invitations to the graduation in English, Hmong, Spanish, Karen, and Somali.
The commencement will be available to stream at other times, as well. Those dates will be published in the commencement program. You will get the program when you stop at school to turn in iPads and pick up diplomas on June 5 or 8.
You can also access the link through the JHS website.
In addition, the graduation ceremony be available online shortly after the live ceremony at spps.org/graduationsPLUS: SENIOR REWIND--CHECK IT OUT TOMORROW!The senior rewind video will be shown on Friday, May 29th at 2 pm.
Here is the link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d20UHd4qfh0__;!!LSatmg!rtL7JCvbycYLxVNv5655k5-sMyzDbGxkBrM0xrzGic-8boFN5oM8ZcIGwFKkMu_w5YDLyK99jvQ$
A portion of the Senior Rewind will be included in the graduation ceremony.
Congratulations to the Johnson Senior High School Class of 2020!
Any seniors who have not yet submitted their cap and gown picture for the graduation ceremony need to contact Ms. Person ASAP: email@example.com.
The virtual commencement ceremony will go online at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, June 2. Access information for the ceremony will be sent to seniors and families later this week.
Seniors will be able to exchange their iPads and other school books and materials for their diplomas on June 5 and June 8 at the back door of JHS between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
Summary of important end-of-school dates in the next couple of weeks:
May 26-29 (9:00-1:00): Grades 9-11 drop off school materials and pick up locker contents (back door).
May 26: Recommended last day for new lessons or activities for Seniors.
May 29: Seniors last day; all work due from seniors by 11:59 PM.
June 2: Graduation online at 5:30 PM.
June 5: Last day for new lessons or activities for grades 9-11.
June 5 & 8 (9:00-1:00): Seniors exchange iPads and other school property for their diplomas (back door).
June 9 (3:00 PM): Deadline for grades 9-11 to submit all work.
June 10: Last day for teachers. Grades due by 11:59 PM
Instructions for returning school items and retrieving locker contents and diplomas (from Mr. Thompson)
SENIORS: SUPER IMPORTANT GRADUATION INFORMATION--READ NOW!!! (from Mr. Thompson)
Dear Seniors in the Class of 2020:
Hey, in the next day or so, you will be receiving a graduation kit containing your graduation cap, gown, tassel and other senior honors awards you have earned. SPPS is delivering the kit directly to your door at the main address listed in your CAMPUS account. Your job is to put them on and take a picture of yourself, following the directions on the linked Google form right here:
You need to get that picture and the information requested submitted by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 20. Obviously, your picture will not appear in the ceremony if you do not send it back by the deadline!
The photos will be used in the digital commencement ceremony for your class happening at 5:30 PM on Tuesday June 2. More info and codes for accessing the ceremony will be sent a little later.
YOU NEED TO WEAR YOUR CAP AND GOWN AND HONORS AWARD ITEMS! NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOW OFF.
You are getting close to the end of your K-12 career. Finish strong.
If you still do not have your kit containing cap & gown, you will need to do this:
Request Your Graduation Items by UPS Home Delivery
Leave a message at 651-767-8347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to tell us your school and your full name
Some important links below:
- ACT/SAT Information - JHS code: 242-265
- Financial Aid Night - Tuesday, October 23rd at 6pm- Johnson HS Auditorium
- Testing Dates and Information
- 6-Year-Plan/Naviance Family Connection login page
- Minnesota Department of Education
- All Resources for College Access
- College Atlas: A World of Higher Learning- A place to search Accredited Online College Degrees, Universities and Courses. Click on the Colleges by Majors tab to learn more about various majors and the schools that excell in those areas.
- Education Corner - A website that has been optimized to allow users to search and sort colleges based on a number of data points, whereby providing users the ability to quickly and accurately identify which higher education instituation meets their unique search criteria.
- Link Up Saint Paul - Need something to do after school or in the summer? Onlink Link to Youth Activities.
- Minnesota Career Information System - For access to this site, please contact a school counselor.
- Senior Information and Dates
- JHS School Profile
Helpful SPPS Resources:
- New Students to St. Paul Public Schools
- SPPS Guidance, Counseling and Related Services
- ALC Programs
- Multicultural Excellence Program (MEP)
- Military Information
Check back often for new information and updates!