A Peace Site...
Horace Mann School is designated as a Peace Site. The school is part of an international network of schools and organizations that promote peace and non-violence. A Peace Site is any school, church, place of worship, business, park, home or exhibit where the people involved are committed to:
- A peaceful, healthy, and non-violent world
- Human family values and cultural understanding
- Studying and using non-violent conflict resolutions at every level
- A healthy, sustainable ecosystem
- Human rights and economic justice
- Learning about the United Nations, its achievements, and how it can be reformed and strengthened
Horace Mann School is a K-5 community school nestled in St. Paul's Highland Park neighborhood. We are known for academic excellence & personal development focused on individual students. Our school is filled with students who are excited to be here – taught by teachers who transform excitement into achievement. Expectations are high from the first day of kindergarten. Our younger students learn from positive examples set by the older students who take leadership roles within our school. A high level of parent and community involvement is reflected in everything from helping teachers and tutoring to raising funds for artist residencies, field trips and many other special activities.