A Peace Site...
Horace Mann School is designated as a Peace Site. The school is part of an international network of schools and organizations that promote peace and non-violence. A Peace Site is any school, church, place of worship, business, park, home or exhibit where the people involved are committed to:
- A peaceful, healthy, and non-violent world
- Human family values and cultural understanding
- Studying and using non-violent conflict resolutions at every level
- A healthy, sustainable ecosystem
- Human rights and economic justice
- Learning about the United Nations, its achievements, and how it can be reformed and strengthened