A Peace Site...
Horace Mann School is designated as a Peace Site School, which means that the school is part of an international network of schools and organizations that promotes peace and non-violence. A Peace Site is any school, church, place of worship, business, park, home or exhibit where the people involved are committed to:
- A peaceful, healthy, and non-violent world
- Human family values and cultural understanding
- Studying and considering non-violent conflict resolutions at every level
- A healthy, sustainable ecosystem
- Human rights and economic justice
- Learning about the United Nations, its achievements, and how it can be reformed and strengthened
Horace Mann School is a K-6 elementary school nestled in St. Paul's Highland Park community and is known for academic excellence & total personal development focused on individual students. As a learning community where high expectations for every child are nurtured in a caring and supportive environment -- the school is highly respected for its exceptional teaching staff, its diversity, the gifted and talented program, test scores among the highest in the district, and academic enrichment opportunities. Horace Mann is a friendly, caring, and safe environment for learning and enjoys the enthusiastic support of committed families who participate in a myriad of volunteer activities on behalf of the school.