Our tutoring program supplements classroom education. Tutors provide students in grades K-5 opportunities to build literacy and math skills. Tutors offer assistance, support, and positive feedback on student progress. Children gain self-confidence, make relationships with caring adults, and practice key skills.
Invest in a child’s tomorrow.
Become a volunteer tutor today.
Volunteer tutors enjoy spending time with children, have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), and basic literacy skills (read, write, and speak English.) You do not need to have previous tutoring experience!
- Arrive five minutes early to prepare for the day’s tutoring session
- Spend one hour working one-on-one or in small groups with students (K-5) in need of academic support in reading or math
- Maintain accurate records of each tutoring session
- Be respectful of teachers and accepting of diversity
- Be an academic coach and positive role model for Horace Mann students.
Orientation and tutor training (usually 1-2 hours in length) will be provided before volunteer work begins. Additional training opportunities will be provided throughout the year.
Begins at one hour per week for a full school year, but is only limited by the tutor's schedule.
- Make a difference in your community
- Make a connection with a great child and other caring adults
- Improve your communication skills
- Build your resume
Please complete and print the Tutor Application Form and return to Horace Mann School.
You Can Help.
One Hour A Week.
A World of Difference.
To Be Determined
Horace Mann School
2001 Eleanor Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55116