Jan. 8-12, 2018
Monthly Evaluations Go Home Today Tuesday Jan. 9th!
The monthly newsletter, along with the December evaluations and grade printouts went home today in backpack mail. Please look over this with your child to get caught up on their progress and time here at school.
Concordia Fundraiser: Pizza Sales Jan. 9-29!
Today in backpack mail a yellow order form went home for our current fundraiser, pizza sales with Chris and Rob’s Chicago Taste Authority. Each pizza sold will return us with $5. The order form is on the back of this yellow sheet. Please collect all money (checks to Adams) at the time of the sale
How to sell pizzas to raise money:
1. Sell pizzas to their family, friends, neighbors, etc.
2. Log the sale on the order sheet on the reverse side of this sheet. Please collect the money at the time of the order. (Checks should be written to Adams.)
3. All sales sheets and payments must be turned in by Monday, January 29!
4. Vouchers will them be issued to everyone who purchased pizzas. The purchaser can then redeem the vouchers at any Chicago’s Taste Authority location: St. Paul or Minneapolis.
New Cafeteria and Drop-Off/Pick-Up THIS Week!
Starting this Monday we began using our new cafeteria!! We will also be starting our new bussing and drop-off/pick-up system. Please read the information below about how that will work.
Morning Changes (effective Monday, January 8, 2018):
· All buses will now drop students off on Watson Avenue at the overhang by the entrance to the new cafeteria. Students will come into the cafeteria directly, get their Breakfast-to-Go, and then go to their classrooms.
· Students who are dropped off by their families will continue to be dropped off in the parking lot on Tuscarora Avenue, and will follow normal routines of going to the cafeteria (now through the door in the far gym wall), getting their Breakfast-to-Go, and heading to class.
· Students who do not wish to eat Breakfast-to-Go will proceed directly to their classrooms when they arrive.
After School Changes (effective Monday, January 8, 2018):
· All classes will exit the building to go to buses through the main door of the school (on Tuscarora Avenue) through the doors closest to the office. Buses will begin to line up just before the parking lot entrance on Tuscarora Avenue and will continue to line up on Chatsworth Street and then on Watson Avenue. Classes will walk with their teacher around the building on the sidewalks to get to their buses, ending up near the new cafeteria entrance on Watson Avenue.
· Parents who are picking up their students after school will not be able to park on Watson Avenue any more, as buses will be lining up there. Pick-up will still be in the gym (old cafeteria), but parents should plan to park in the parking lot and/or on Tuscarora Avenue and come in through the main doors of the school to get to the old cafeteria/gym to pick up their child(ren). All children who are picked up after school (after 3:50 pm) will wait for their parents in the old cafeteria/gym. There will be no pick-up in the school office between 3:50 and 4:15 pm!
· Remember to call the school office before 2:30 pm if you need to change the way your child is going home. This is especially important now with the changes in our traffic patterns! We want to make sure that we have enough time to communicate any changes to teachers before they begin their end-of-day routines, and late interruptions make things chaotic and may compromise safety.
Highland Middle School Showcase This Thursday, Jan. 11 @ 6-8pm:
Go and find out more about Highland Middle School!
Highland Park Middle School has their Showcase on Thursday, January 11th from 6-8 pm. Everyone is invited no reservation needed. This is a good night to meet some staff and and see the middle school.
-If you are interested in a personal tour or for your student to shadow the contact person for HPMS Tours and Shadowing is school counselor Elisabeth Mulvaney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (651) 744-3399.
Chaperones, please return your paperwork if you have not done so yet. We are still in need of two male chaperones. Even if you don’t speak Spanish, we would love for you to join us! If you are able to attend the trip with us Feb. 13-16, 2018, please let us know ASAP! Thank you!