Degrees and Certifications:
- This is my third year at Johnson. I am excited and honored to be a part of one of the best schools in our district. I have a strong belief in social justice and am passionate about history, culture, race, and civics.
- My background is in mental health. I was counselor at Abbott-Northwestern Hospital for twenty years, most of those years working with children and adolescents.
- I have a B.A. in History from Metropolitan State University and completed Metropolitan State University's Urban Teacher Program, at the Graduate level.
- I am a strong believer in St. Paul schools and am proud to be teaching in the city where I live. My wife and I have two sons, who attend Hamline Elementary.
- I coach Debate at Johnson.
- I am an active member on our school's Equity Committe.
- I a leader in technology in the classroom at Johnson, as an iPad and Schoology trainer (I use Schoology as my Gradebook, not Campus).