Welcome to my web page! My name is Allan Olvera and this is my 10th(!) year at Johnson High School.
This 2018-2019, I teach Intro to Journalism, and English 12 (World Literature).
In the past, I've taught: English 9, Reading 10, English 12 (World Literature), Writing for College, Debate, Grammar Matters, Intro to Journalism, World Lit./GRAD, Fundamentals of English, Advanced Reading Instruction, College and Career Reading, GRAD Writing, and GRAD Reading.
As for who I am - aside from being an English teacher, an avid reader, and even a bookstore worker for over thirteen years - I also enjoy:
• rock climbing • long-distance running • Writing
• logic puzzles • crosswords • origami
• reading news • graphic design • art (in general)
• soccer • history • movie trivia
• philosophy • learning langauges • pop culture
Also, I am currently an advisor for the school's newspaper, The Johnson Courier.
Here's a link: The Courier