Language & Literacy
Aims of the IB-Middle Years Program:
- Use language as a vehicle for thought, creativity, reflection, learning, and self-expression.
- Use language as a tool for personal growth, social interaction and for developing relationships within the international community.
- Comprehend more clearly aspects of their own culture and those of other cultures by exploring the interdependence of human beings through a variety of works.
- Explore the many facets of the language through the use of media and information technology.
- Develop the skills involved in speaking, listening, reading, writing and viewing in a variety of contexts.
- Respond appropriately to a variety of texts
- Read widely to promote a lifelong interest in language and literature
- Develop a critical and creative approach to studying and analyzing literature.
- Develop language skills through interdisciplinary work
- Consider the role of literature both culturally and historically
- Reflect on the learning process in various ways and at various stages
- Empathize with real people and fictional characters as and when appropriate.
Sixth Grade Readers' and Writers' Workshops. (See link below.)
Seventh Grade Readers' and Writers' Workshops.
Seventh Grade Accelerated English.
Eighth Grade Readers' and Writers' Workshops.
Eighth Grade Accelerated English.