Counselor Assignments for the 2017-18 school year
Ms. Katzmarek (651) 744-3400 • All 6th graders, along with 7th grade Jets team
Ms. Mulvaney (651) 744-3499 • 7th grade Lobos team, along with all 8th graders
Counselors play a variety of roles within the school setting, from scheduling student classes to individual or group counseling.
Often times, if a parent has a question about navigating through middle school years, school counselors are a good place to start in looking for answers. Our priority is helping students be successful in school. Some of the more common functions we serve are as follows:
- Adjusting schedules- to better serve student needs
- Monitor course completion-to help students successfully complete coursework
- Building organizational skills- individual work with students, families and teachers in order to track homework, facilitate communication and increase class progress
- Support development of college and career readiness skills-interpreting ACT Explore testing results, in class Naviance lessons
- Conflict resolution- individual/group work between peers around resolving conflicts which may be interfering with class progress
- Individual/group support- working with students in regard to personal issues which may be affecting school progress
- Coordinate building-wide testing schedule
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Nou Katzmarek (651) 744-3400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisabeth Mulvaney (651) 744-3399 email@example.com
Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
The comprehensive college and career readiness solution empowers students and families to connect learning and life and provides schools with the information they need to help students prepare for life after high school. It also allows students to create a plan for their futures by helping them discover their individual strengths and learning styles and explore college and career options based on those results.