Welcome to the Library!
The library is open from 9;15 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to any student. In addition, there are plenty of programs and activities in the library Mr. Mayer does to make reading and learning fun. Check it out!
During this activity, students read many books by the same author, such as Mo Willems, Eric Carle, Kevin Henkes, Melanie Watt, David Shannon, and others, to learn to recognize and appreciate their writing and artistic styles.
Book Clubs and Reading Groups
- Students read and discuss some of the most interesting and current children's literature.
- It's hard to get the kids back to class once they've started!
Research - How do I do that? Mr. Mayer will show you:
- How to choose and narrow a topic
- The differences between primary and secondary sources
- How to choose among sources based on usefulness, credibility, and reliability of sources
- How to identify reasons for choosing one source over another
- How to use information without plagiarizing
- How to take notes and keep that information organized
- How to compile research into a well-planned and organized paper
Library Skills - Mr. Mayer will show you:
- How the library is organized
- Where each section is
- What the Dewey Decimal System is and how it is used
- How to practice alphabetical order skills to use the library independently
Book Wish Requests
- Want a book our library doesn't have? Ask Mr. Mayer!