About Cherokee Heights
As the West Side’s Montessori school, Cherokee Heights is dedicated to guiding and growing greatness in our children.
In our Montessori classrooms, each child makes decisions about their learning based upon their individual strengths, likes and learning styles. Through multi-grade classrooms, students develop relationships with the same teacher and classmates over a two- or three-year period.
Our community school track offers rich, standards-based instruction in traditional classroom settings for students in Grades 3-5. Beginning in E1, students have water safety lessons in our school swimming pool. Free after-school programming extends academic learning time and also helps students build social skills.
For the 2021-22 school year, our Montessori program will serve Pre-K to grade 5.
- In our Montessori classrooms, children make decisions about their learning based on their strengths, interests and learning styles.
- Through multi-grade classrooms, students develop relationships with the same teacher and classmates over a two- or three-year period.
- Students stay engaged through art, physical education and innovation lab experiences where students can learn coding or robotics.
- Students love our indoor pool. Beginning in first grade, students take water safety swimming lessons during physical education classes.
- We offer an amazing visual arts experience program for students.
- We focus on the well being of the whole child through Social Emotional Learning, Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies, and Restorative Practices.
- Free after-school programs for grades K-5 extend learning time and help students build social skills.
Our Motto: Guiding and Growing Greatness
Our Mission: Together we teach and guide learners to develop academic achievement and social responsibility
- Focusing on high achievement and equity for each student
- Building trusting, positive, open-minded relationships through communication and collaboration with staff, students, families and community members
- Teaching learners by focusing on individual strengths to inspire confidence
- Meeting the needs of students through reflective, inquiry-based practice
Our school believes:
- By engaging students in a challenging curriculum that includes high expectations, students develop a higher sense of purpose, nurtured in the diverse experiences that will enrich them for life.
- Through embracing tradition, we uphold the seamless relationships between all members of our school community.
- With integrity, Cherokee Staff strives to make a difference with every child in our rich, diverse community.
Nuestra escuela tiene la convicción de que:
- Al motivar a nuestros alumnos para que llenen un programa ambicioso, demostramos confianza en su potencial y los estudiantes desarrollan un más alto sentido de dirección, alimentado en las diversas experiencias escolares que los enriquecerán de por vida.
- Al aceptar nuestras tradiciones mejoramos las relaciones entre los miembros de la comunidad escolar.
- El personal de Cherokee lucha por infundir integridad en cada uno de los niños de nuestra variada comunidad.
Peb Lub Tsev Kawm Ntawv Ntseeg:
- Raws kev txhawb menyuam uake sib kheem rau cov kev kawm txhua yam kom kawm tau siab, muab cov menyuam xyaum ua kom paub rau qhov yuav kawm tau siab, paub qhia ntau yam sib txawv uas yuav pab tau rau lawv lub neej.
- Nyob li kev txais tos ntau haiv neeg kab lis kev cai, peb cov neeg txhua tus muaj kev koom siab sib raug zoo hauv peb lub tsev kawm ntawv.
- Nrog kev ncaj ncees, Cherokee cov neeg ua hauj lwm rau siab, ua hauj lwm nrog rau cov menyuam txhua tus xws li peb muaj, ntau hom neeg uake.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
Click here to complete an easy on-line application.