A Farnsworth kindergartner’s imagination is our best asset in the classroom. Their eagerness to explore their ideas and try new things is our power supply. Every day we get together to learn new things, solve new problems, play and become great friends. By the end of the year our fledglings are confident, and ready to learn to fly.
Our Kindergarten classrooms implement a strong standards based curriculum including:
- Reader’s Workshop
- Writer’s Workshop
- Everyday Math
- Social Studies
- Developmentally Appropriate
- Science Activities
- Aerospace and Aviation
In Kindergarten, we begin with the study of day and night. That leads to our Spacey Alphabet where we learn aerospace vocabulary from A - Z.
Next we focus on our aerospace pioneer, Amelia Earhart. Finally, we learn more about flight through the study of birds. Throughout the year we also explore aerospace through play and by using our imaginations.
- Physical Education
- Library-each week, students go to the library to listen to stories and check out books.
- iMac computer lab-students learn application basic computer skills to complement what is taught in the classroom.
- iPad used as an instructional resource.
- Book Buddies with upper grade students.