Welcome to Second Grade!
We are now in Musical Season!
Month Overview by Subject:
Math: We are working on identifying pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, & dollars. We are also working on couting money. Have your child show you our dot and line method of couting money!
- 188.8.131.52 Identify pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Find the value of a group of coins and determine combinations of coins that equal a given amount.
Reading: In shared reading, we are reading texts to answer the question, "What causes objects to move?" We are still working on our reading stamina.
- 184.108.40.206 Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
- 220.127.116.11 Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
- 18.104.22.168 Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
- 22.214.171.124 Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
- 126.96.36.199 Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- 188.8.131.52 Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
Writing: Students are working on writing a friendly letter and we are continuing to practice writing sentences with SWAG (starts with a capital letter, written neatly, a space between words, and given punctuation).
184.108.40.206 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
*For information pertaining to your childs' individual classroom, please visit the links to the right of this page.
Link to Standards:
Mrs. Burke: email@example.com
Ms. Sanford (DHH Teacher): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Frandsen: email@example.com
Mrs. Morin: firstname.lastname@example.org