Degrees and Certifications:
Ball State Univeristy- BS Elementary Education Texas A&M- Central Texas- MA Curriculum & Instruction
Welcome to the Science page! My name is Mrs. Stiff. I am the new science teacher this year. I am excited to inquire, explore, and discover new things in our world around us.
This is my 2nd year teaching in St. Paul, but I have been in education for going on 13 years now. I have taught in a total of 7 states and have made Minnesota my permanent home with my family, my husband and 2 kids. When I am not busy with school, I am busy being outdoors with my kids and exploring new places around Minnesota and the surrounding states.
Live Science Time with Mrs. Stiff:
Links will be posted in Schoology and Seesaw.
Monday- 1:00 Kindergarten/1st grade
Tuesday- 1:00 2nd Grade
Wednesday- 1:00 3rd Grade
Thursday- 9:30 4th Grade
Friday- 9:30 5th Grade
Google Meet Office Hours:
Wednesday (Parent/Guardian only) 6-7PM
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at my e-mail: email@example.com
This is what the Minnesota Department of Education says about the MCA. Here are some highlights:
1. 5th grade is the first year to take the Science MCA.
2. The Science MCA covers the content of 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade.
3. All 5th grade students take an online MCA although students with IEP or 504 plans may qualify for accommodations.
4. Students do not pass or fail the test. Their score reflects how well they meet the MN science standards (Does Not Meet the Standards, Partially Meets the Standards, Meets the Standards, and Exceeds the Standards)
5. The document also includes some links that provide study tools.