Early Learning (Pre-Kindergarten)
The Heights Community School offers an early kindergarten learning experience for students who will be four years of age by September 1. This half day program is provided free of charge and is designed to help students develop their readiness for school. The curriculum for this program includes:
- practice in important social skills such as playing cooperatively with others, following rules and routines, and growing in comfort and confidence in a school setting.
- experience with listening and following directions in a group setting.
- language development activities to enrich vocabulary and oral language skills.
- academic readiness activities for reading and math.
- sensory, art, and music activities to encourage creativity and self expression
This program will be in session for half days.