Early Learning (Pre-Kindergarten)
The Heights Community School offers an early kindergarten learning experience for students who will be four years of age by September 1. Two half-day programs and 2 full-day programs are provided free of charge and are designed to help students develop their readiness for school. The curriculum for this program includes:
- practice in important social skills such as playing cooperatively with others, following rules and routines, and growing in comfort and confidence in a school setting.
- experience with listening and following directions in a group setting.
- language development activities to enrich vocabulary and oral language skills.
- academic readiness activities for reading and math.
- sensory, art, and music activities to encourage creativity and self expression