MYRA - The Minnesota Youth Reading Awards
HPE will again participate in the Minnesota Youth Reading Awards (MYRA)! Read more about the awards below!
New this 2015-2016 year:
- The Library will have copies the Division I & Division II Maud Hart Lovelace (MHL) nominees - we previously had Div. I only.
- Student going into fifth grade who are planning on reading all 12 nominees of either MHL Division will be invited to participate in a WE READ MAUD online bookclub over the summer and in person book club during the school year.
- Star of the North Picture Book Award nominees will be read to grades K-5, instead of only K-2.
It's going to be a great year for Reading & Voting MYRA!
MYRA Mission Statement:
Minnesota Youth Reading Awards organization (MYRA) facilitates the Children's Choice Book Awards for readers in the state of Minnesota. The purpose of MYRA is to promote literacy, create lifelong reading habits and broaden cultural awareness for the children and young adults of Minneosta.
The two MYRA Awards are:
- The Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (two Divisions)
- The Star of the North Picture Book Award
To vote for a Maud Hart Lovelace Award book, students must have read three of the 10 division nominees.
To vote for a Star of the North Picture Book Award book, students must have read ten of the 12 nominees.
*Students grades K-8 can vote for all awards, regardless of grade, as long as they have read the books!