What We Do…
The Heights Community Student Council represents the voice of our students. We help organize community service projects, arrange school-wide activities, and provide input on school decisions.
We seek to... · build school pride · encourage positive relationships within the school · provide opportunities for students to cooperate and participate in school activities We focus on… · Leadership · Service · Student Voice · Engagement · School Improvement
Responsibilities of the Student Council Member
· Attend all weekly meetings on Friday’s
· Gather information and opinions from your classmates
· Vote on final decisions for events
· Present your ideas to the principal
· Communicate with your classmates and teachers about activities and events.
· Keep your commitments. If you sign up to do something, be there.
· Bring your folder and notebook to each meeting
· Be a role model to other students in the school/use C.A.R.E.S.
· Help with the awards programs each month
· Plan events for school spirit
· Fundraisers/ charity events
· Help at family nights
· Morning announcements
· Keep up to date on events happening at our school
· Help teachers in classrooms and more
Ms. Clardy is the advisor
Student Council Members - Student Council 2015