Our Programs and Services
Our school offers several programs and services for students.
At Highwood Hills, students participate in science, art and physical education classes with highly trained teacher specialists. We offer a rigorous literacy and math curriculum. We also have a full-day kindergarten program.
Students can take advantage of AVID, an in-school academic support program for grades 4-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success. Learn more about the AVID program offered through Saint Paul Public Schools.
Our school has an iMac computer lab with 30 student computers and computers with Internet access in every classroom.
Area Learning Center (ALC) sponsors the after-school program Extended Day for Learning. The program is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays to help support academic and social skills. The school also has Minnesota Reading Corps Volunteers for grades K-3, offering additional support in literacy.
Highwood Hills teaches adults in Adult English Education too!
- Learning Disability Resources
- Emotional or Behavior Disorder Resources and Emotional or Behavior Disorder III
- Support Staff Including Nurse, Parent Involvement and Social Worker
- Mandatory Students Uniforms
- Bilingual Staff Speaking Somali and Spanish
- Special Education Programs
- Average Daily Attendance More Than 95%
- Language Academy to promote English language proficiency
- English Learners Program
- Somali Language and Culture Class for students to learn literacy in the Somali language
- Early Childhood Special Education classes
- Extended Day Learning