Winter Weather Plan
The safety and well-being of students and staff is our top priority and the decision to close school is no simple matter.
Before deciding to close school due to extreme winter weather conditions, Saint Paul Public Schools Superintendent Joe Gothard consults with a variety of experts both inside and outside of the district. Our commitment is to keep families, staff and the community informed of weather-related school closings and cancellations.
Please note that we continually monitor the forecast from the National Weather Service in order to make the best decision for students, staff and families. Additionally, delayed start times are not logistically possible in Saint Paul Public Schools.
- Phone calls and text messaging
- Media outlets (T.V., newspaper, radio.)
- District (spps.org) and school websites
- LINK: www.spps.org/winter
- LINK: School Bus Safety Tips
- LINK: Preparing for Cold Weather