Hmong Culture and Literacy
Hello Jackson Families!
My name is Neng Yang. I am the Hmong Studies teacher. I am teaching kindergarten through fifth grade. Your child will get Hmong Studies once or twice a week. This is my second year teaching at Jackson. I am so excited and honored to be working with all the wonderful Jackson students and parents.
There are many things happening this year in Hmong Studies. Please stop by our Hmong Studies room, which is located in room 1202. These are the things that we will be learning this year in Hmong Studies.
- September and October: We will be learning about Hmong history.
- November: We will be learning about Hmong games.
- December: We will be learning about the Hmong New Year and making Hmong sugar rice cake.
- Januaury through March: We will be learning about Hmong Food, and taste Hmong food.
- April through June: We will be learning about Hmong children’s songs.
Also, I am looking for volunteers to come and tell our Jackson students about your experience/journey from Laos to the United States. Please let me know if you are interested. I would love for you to come and tell your story to us at school. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Neng Yang, Hmong Studies Teacher