"Jackson provides a safe, nurturing, respectful and inclusive environment that offers all children opportunities for acceleration and enrichment to develop their full potential and prepare them to be successful, responsible citizens." - Jackson Elementary's Mission Statement
Our school believes that children are everyone’s priority. Our teachers, parents, community partners and the St. Paul Promise Neighborhood Initiative are all committed to nurturing each Jackson student as a remarkable individual with limitless potential.
Since 2006, Jackson has offered a Hmong Dual Language Program for students in PreK to fifth grade. Research shows that children in a dual language program achieve academically while becoming proficient in two languages. Specialists in science, music, physical education and Hmong culture and literacy enhance our core academic program, and nearly 20 community partners provide extensive academic support, performing and visual arts programs, fitness, field trips, and Hmong and African American cultural enrichment.
At Jackson we believe:
- That all decisions and actions as a school community begin with our belief that children come first.
- That everyone should feel safe and secure in their working and learning environments.
- That cultural and economic diversity is an asset that helps us understand and respect each other.
- In clear, consistent behavioral policies and procedures, that focus on expectations and consequences and foster positive self-esteem and personal responsibility.
- That children have individual learning styles and teachers must provide opportunities that meet the needs of each learner.
- In high expectations of excellence for all members of the Jackson community.
Jackson (Community) --> Ramsey (F1) or Highland Mid (F2) --> Central (F1) or Highland Senior (F2)
Jackson (Hmong Programs) --> Washington --> Washington
At A Glance
Students Who Identify As:
- American Indian 1%
- Asian American 57%
- African American 31%
- Hispanic American 5%
- Caucasian American 6%
Students Who Use:
- English Language Learning 57%
- Special Education 9%
- Free and Reduced Lunch 85%