Do you have a little one who is distance or hybrid learning? Need a boost to provide them with Space To Learn?
We're here to help! Volunteers with the MN Tool Library are busy building desks for families with kids in SPPS.
Desks will be provided FREE of charge, as long as supplies last. Each desk is made from durable, quality lumber and crafted in community. The design features a 18”x24” desktop with a storage cubby for books and school supplies - providing ample learning space without requiring a large footprint in your home. It can be adapted to accommodate special requests for ADA compliance.
FREE Online Tutoring from Reading
Corps & Math Corps
COVID-19 has made everything challenging this year, especially learning. Reading Corps and Math Corps have launched a new initiative to help! Scholar Squad offers one-on-one, online tutoring for Minnesota students in PreK-8th grade, and it’s easy to get started.
Visit ScholarSquad.org to request help for your child. A literacy or math coach will be in touch to set up a time to learn more about your child and conduct a short screening. If the screening shows your child could use extra help to boost their skills, you’ll be matched with a tutor who will provide one-on-one practice and support. Our website and materials are also available in multiple languages.
Powered by AmeriCorps, tutoring is provided at no cost to families.
Comcast has a program called Internet Essentials that provides affordable internet and laptop computers for eligible families.
- High Speed Internet for just $9.95/month.
- Laptops for $149.00 - which includes Microsoft Office, Norton Security Suite and a 90 day warranty.
Wondering if you qualify?
Find out if you’re eligible for Internet Essentials by looking at the checklist below.
If you are still not sure, fill out an application and they’ll let you know.
- Have at least one child who qualifies for the National School Lunch Program.
- Do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Families with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible.
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet Service is available but have not subscribed to it within the last 90 days.
Not sure if you qualify or are ready to apply?
Start your application and they'll let you know, just click here and start!