About the Teacher
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Mai Pang Vang
Hello! Nyob zoo!
My name is Mai Pang Vang or Xib Fwb Maiv Paj and I am the Kindergarten Hmong Dual Language teacher. This is my 12th year teaching at Jackson Elementary in the Hmong Dual Language Program and my 11th year teaching overall. I graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Master's Degree in Education.
In my free time, I enjoy playing tennis, taking walks, and spending time with my family.
I am excited about the learning that will take place this year. Please see below for resources to make your child's Kindergarten year a success. Feel free to contact me via email if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!
Welcome back! Hopefully your family had a great spring break!
- This Friday (April 15) is an e-learning day. We will meet for morning meeting at 8:30 AM on Google Meet. I will send a reminder note home this week.
- Hmong A-Z books (black and white books) will be sent home after we have finished reading and practicing reading at school. Parents, please sign the front cover after students have read the book to you.
- Please clean out student folders daily (and backpacks) to make room for new papers/things that are sent home.
- Thursdays are Library Checkout. Return book to get a new one.
- Reminder to send fully charged iPads to school every day.
- Please send extra clothes to school if your child does not have a set here already. We like to keep their set of extra clothes in their lockers in case of accidents.
- Continue to read daily. Reading log and homework packet are due next Monday.
- Practice reading and writing sight words.
- Practice vocabulary words and record on Seesaw.
Monthly Newsletter: April
Black and white A-Z books will be sent home weekly after we have practiced reading it together. After your child has read the book to you, sign the cover page and send it back to acknowledge your child has read it to you.
Here are virtual books to read: Book Creator