Language Support for Families
One of the goals for SPPS is to provide meaningful access to remove barriers for families to participate in their students' education. The Office of Family Engagement through ARP (American Rescue Plan) funds provide Language Support for Families by providing access to On-Call Interpreters and Language Line Services.
6 Things You Need to Know About SPPS Interpreters & Language Line
- Schedule On-Call Interpreters (OCI) 2 weeks before your event to ensure you find the languages and the number of OCI needed.
- SPPS On-Call Interpreters (OCI) and Language Line will still be paid for with ARP funds through the Office of Family Engagement and Community Partnerships, not at the school level.
- To schedule OCI please review the information in the dropdown. Please contact Sara Reyes at email@example.com with any questions.
- Clerks have Language Line codes and directions. Please contact Sara Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- All OCI will be completing their own pay sheets this year. Schools do not need to submit pay sheets for OCI. Every time that an OCI works for your school, please fill out this Google Form (https://forms.gle/MN5fBoJFELrPQpCR9). This is how we will be able to confirm that OCI are reporting their time correctly.
- Only staff that are listed on the On-Call Interpreter website and Bilingual EAs are allowed to do interpreting and be paid for their work that's done outside of their contract hours. Please see link for more information: Guidance for OCI/Bilingual EAs