Video from 2018 CDF Freedom Schools

  • CDF Freedom Schools

    Saint Paul Public Schools CDF Freedom Schools is a free, six-week summer program for scholars currently in grades K-8.

    Participation in Freedom Schools provides enriching group activities including field trips, culturally affirming materials, a well-trained and caring staff, and parent involvement, with an emphasis on literacy, math, leadership development and college and career readiness.

    Saint Paul Public Schools’ Freedom School programs are provided in collaboration with many individual, public and private partners.

    QUESTIONS?  Contact Rev. Dr. Darcel Hill at 651-744-1259 on her cell at 651-387-0869 or via email at

  • Mandatory Parent Orientation for Enrolled Students

    Families (with confirmed enrollment) must attend one of our Parent Orientation nights below:

    • May 18, 2021 from 6:00-7:30pm at Hazel Park Preparatory Academy, 1140 White Bear Ave, 55106. Childcare provided.
    • May 20, 2021 from 6:00-7:30pm at Capitol Hill, 560 Concordia Ave, 55103. Childcare provided.
    • Please R.S.V.P. for your choice through the link on the right sidebar of this webpage.

CDF Freedom Schools 2021

  • Program Dates: June 21-July 30 (no program Monday, July 5)

    • Capitol Hill Gifted and Talented - Area D, E, F
    • Hazel Park Preparatory Academy - Area A, B, C

    Hours: 8:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
    Transportation Area: Area A-F1/F2

Parent Orientation Sessions

  • Families (with confirmed enrollment) must attend one parent orientation session. Please RSVP below.


  • Current SPPS families should use register online using their OneStop Username and Password to log in to Campus Parent. Once logged in, select “Summer Registration (K-8).” To retrieve or reset your password, visit

    Application can also be printed and returned by mail or in-person to:
    Summer Registration
    Student Placement Center, Saint Paul Public Schools
    2102 University Ave. W.
    Saint Paul, MN 55114

    If you register online, you do not need to fill out a paper application.

    For more information, visit the How to Register page.