Saint Paul Public Schools Grants & Fund Development
Notice: The SPPS Grants Office has merged with the Innovation Office. The Innovation Office will continue to oversee fund development and grants management throughout the district.
The SPPS Innovation Office oversees the administrative responsibilities of a grant from initiation to closeout, ensuring all grant activities are in compliance with funder requirements and state/federal regulations, as well as internal SPPS policy. All grants must come through the Innovation Office to secure authorization for submission by the Superintendent and Board of Education.
GRANTS MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
The Innovation Office team supports teachers, school leaders and administrators through all stages of the grants process. Some of the ways that the Innovation Office can provide support include:
- Application Development
- In addition to developing applications for high-value public and private grants, the Innovation Office offers assistance to teachers seeking funds for projects in their classrooms or school. Whether you require a financial document or help writing your application, we offer seasoned advice and professional support.
- Board Approval and Grant Contracts
- Every grant must be approved by the Board of Education, and the contract must be signed by the Superintendent before any money can be accepted and the program begins. Working with the Innovation Office from the beginning ensures a smooth and timely approval process.
- Budget Creation
- Each grant requires a unique budget code for reporting and auditing. The Innovation Office can help turn your award check into a fully financed budget.
- Letters of Support
- The Innovation Office creates letters of support for organizations and individuals applying for grants that will benefit SPPS students. Contact us early in your application process to ensure your application and supporting documentation are complete and submitted in a timely fashion.
- General Assistance
- Allowable expenses, reporting, closeout, carryover – we are here to answer your questions and help you implement a successful grant program. If you need guidance on the tasks necessary for proper grant management, we have expertise and resources.
CONTACT THE INNOVATION OFFICE
For general grants inquiries, contact:
Reyna Davila-Day, Grants Assistant
651-744-5127 | firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Follow the SPPS Grants Facebook Group to keep up to date on funding opportunities, advice and discussion.
- Application Development