IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE OPENING OF SCHOOL
1) The first day of school for all grade 9 students is Tuesday, September 3, 2019. School starts at 8:30 AM. JHS student leaders will take all freshmen through a complete orientation to Johnson High School.
2) The first day of school for all students in grades 10, 11, and 12 is Wednesday, September 4, 2019. Before September 4, returning students are required to complete the assignments outlined in the welcome back letter they received from JHS in mid-August.
3) ALL JHS STUDENTS IN ALL GRADES need to pick up their MetroTransit/JHS ID card at school on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, August 27, 28, or 29 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Cards will also be available for pickup after school on Septebmer 3, 4, or 5. Cards will not be available at any other times.
4) MetroTransit cards are provided free of charge to all JHS students who live in St. Paul more than one mile from school. Cards are available for a reduced cost for JHS students who do not meet the district's free card eligibility requirements. Most JHS students use MetroTransit buses and trains to get to school. The MetroTransit/JHS ID cards are valid for travel from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM seven days a week through the school year for continually enrolled JHS students in good standing with JHS and MetroTransit.
5) Information on how to access fall quarter class schedules will be available on this website after August 23.
6) WE INVITE ALL NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES TO OPEN HOUSE ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28, FROM 5:30 TO 7:30 PM. We will have a School Opening Assembly in the auditorium at 5:30. All teachers will be in the building and students will be able to walk through their schedules.