National African American Parent Involvement Day
NAAPID 2018: Monday, Feb. 12
National African American Parent Involvement Day (NAAPID) is a day for parents to come to their child's school, see what their day is like and to support their child's educational future. Some of the goals of NAAPID are to:
- Promote parent involvement in their child's education.
- Address the serious achievement gap facing African American students.
- Promote and provide strategies for parents and students to take full advantage of the educational process at all levels of the educational system (preschool through college).
Resources for Schools
- Ideas to engage parents and guests on NAAPID
- History of African Americans in Minnesota by SPPS
- "African American Stories in Minnesota" by the Minnesota Historical Society
- History of NAAPID
- Black National Anthem Lyrics
Contact Brandi Cavalletti at 651-767-8181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.