The Office of Early Learning
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Programs
"To Ensure Lasting Achievement For All Early Learners"
The Office of Early Learning coordinates the Pre-Kindergarten Program and is responsible for providing support and education for staff and families to ensure high quality education for children the year before kindergarten to prepare them for school success.
The Pre-Kindergarten program provides a rigorous academic preschool education for children. Classes focus on teaching children to:
See themselves as capable learners
Develop reading, writing and math skills
Work well with other children and adults
Up to 20 children are enrolled in each class with a licensed teacher and an assistant. Children are enrolled for a full school year, half (mornings or afternoons) and full days.
In addition, The Office of Early Learning supports Kindergarten programming. Schools using the Kindergarten Workshop Model have an aligned curricular framework used in our Pre-Kindergarten classrooms. The Kindergarten Workshop Model includes a content based wrap around curriculum, that connects the standards based instruction in all areas to broader conceptual learning for students through month long Areas of Study.
What we do:
• Provide professional development for Pre-Kindergarten Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers and Assistants
• Hire, train and supervise Content Coaches who support Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classrooms
• Hire, train and supervise Partnerships Coordinators who support Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classrooms and families
• Work with school staff to host multilingual family education workshops
• Work with school staff to support students and families in the transition to Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
• Provide families with information to extend the learning from classroom to home
• Support Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teachers with curricular resources
• Support Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teachers with assessment collection and the use of data to inform instruction
Call us for/when:
• You have questions about Early Childhood Workshop, assessments used in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, or professional development
• You need a presentation on Early Childhood Workshop or Parent Education topics relevant to Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
• Parents have questions and you need more information specific to Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten issues
Our Administrative and Support Staff
For a list of all staff, see Office of Early Learning Support Staff.
Lori Erickson, Ed.D. Ashley Childs Assistant Director, OEL Interim Program Manager 651-744-4169 651-744-2022 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org