Welcome to the Office of Security and Emergency Management
The Office of Security and Emergency Management is dedicated to providing a safe and secure learning environment for all students and staff.
Our dedicated safety and security professionals:
- Review and improve site safety plans on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise security staff to help prevent and solve issues.
- Provide resources and support for crisis situations that might occur; such as severe weather or threats.
- Collaborate with SPPS departments to help reduce bullying.
- Coordinate with community resources such as police, fire and emergency responders.
March 29, 2018
Once students return from spring break, they will have a new tool to anonymously report unsafe behaviors at school.
March 22, 2018
“The strongest team we’ve ever had, bar none.” This is how Laura Olson, director of the SPPS Office of Security and Emergency Management (SEM), describes the approximately 70 professionals who keep students and staff safe in our district.
The Office of Security and Emergency Management works closely with the Saint Paul Police Department to keep students and schools safe through the School Resource Officer (SRO) program.