School ImprovementThe SPPS School Improvement, Vertical and District Improvement Teams collaborate, advocate, coach, consult, facilitate and lead changes in school and district beliefs and systems to eliminate achievement gaps and ensure the success of ALL students.
Download the School Improvement Team one-pager
SPPS School Improvement
Partnering to Empower and Achieve!
- Professional, ALL Student Centered Collaboration
- Transparent, Active Communication and Feedback Cycles between All Stakeholders
- Families Systematically Engaging with Voice
- Social Emotional Supports for ALL students
- Dynamic and Distributed Leadership
- Standards Based and Coordinated Instruction and Assessment
- Evidence Based Instructional Frameworks and Practices
- Data and Equity Driven Teacher Learning Teams
- Have Voice and Choice
- Are Challenged and Supported
- Set and Achieve Their Goals
This Month's School Improvement Events
School Improvement Team
Degrees and Certifications:
M.S. Educational Leadership, K-12 Principal Licensure
Paul Holm, Supervisor
Paul has been with Saint Paul Public Schools for 18 years. He began his career as an ELL teacher at Dayton’s Bluff Elementary School. Since then he has worked as a literacy coach, a district MTSS coach, Program Manager for School Improvement, and most recently as Supervisor for Turnaround Schools and School Improvement.
Paul works closely with staff and departments across the district to support data-based decision making, the adoption of problem solving processes, leadership team development, and School Improvement efforts for designated Priority and Focus schools.
“Things get done only if the data we gather can inform and inspire those in a position to make a difference.” – Mike Schmoker