Flight Simulator Lab
Students at Farnsworth Aerospace have high expectations for each other.
With our state-of-the-art flight simulators, those expectations feel real. At 2,000 feet, there are no excuses, their team is depending on them.
We are testing a comprehensive skill set with life-like consequences. We are prepared because we have spent years in the classroom studying the math and science that it takes to understand aerodynamics and the principles of flight.
- We can follow complex procedures.
- We have been through ground school so we understand the nomenclature so we know how to communicate precisely with our teammates.
- We can decode weather information and interpret the instruments.
- We have filed our flight plan and have a healthy respect for the rules of flight.
- Most importantly we have confidence; we can do this!
In 2021 the flight sim labs at Farnsworth Aerospace 5-8 was fully updated with virtual reality flim simulator systems:
Farnsworth Aerospace PreK-4 also received updated flight simulators in September 2021. Our 4th grade students work on taking off, flying, landing and finding landmarks during their flight sims class.