IB Math Analysis SL (Calculus) 2020-2021
What does distance learning look like?
School looks different in a distance learning environment, however many things remain the same.
- We are still learning new ideas
- We are still working together
- We are still asking and answering questions
- We are still completing assignments
- We are still assessing our understanding
There are some changes regarding how school looks
- Lessons are presented through videos
- Interactions happen through video chat and message boards
- Assessments are completed on Schoology
What does a typical week look like?
Each week will have 2 lessons and 2 assignments to complete, along with a summative assessment each Friday. Lessons are video lessons to watch on your own at a convenient time. Notes are available on Schoology to donwload onto the iPad. After watching the videos and completing the notes, there is an assignment to complete and submit on Schoology.
Here is a recommended workflow for each week:
- Monday: Check in to class. There will be a short explanation of the work for the week and a chance to ask clarifying questions. Start watching videos from lesson #1.
- Tuesday: Check in to class to ask questions about assessments. Finish watching videos from lesson #1 and begin on homework. If you have questions, post them on the homework discussion page. Finish working on homework.
- Wednesday: Submit homework from lesson #1. Start watching videos from lesson #2.
- Thursday: Finish watching videos from lesson #2 and begin on homework. If you have questions, post them on the homework discussion page. Finish working on homework. You may also come to office hours from 1-2 pm.
- Friday: Submit homework from lesson #2. Review for the assessment, and take the assessment.
All asssignments and information are available on Schoology
If you would like to meet with me one-on-one, you may schedule an appointment during office hours using Calendy