College & Career Center
The College & Career Center, known around Harding as the CCC, is a great place for students to stop in and learn more about college and career options after high school. Students should check out the center as early as 9th grade to find out what it's all about!
In the CCC you will find information about:
- College and career planning
- ACT / Accuplacer test prep
- Financial aid/FAFSA
- College applications
- Xello completion (web based college and career planner)
- Job opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
Check Schoology for scholarship announcements
Native American Scholarship Database
InspirASIAN Scholarship Program, Deadline January 31, 2021
Wallin 4 Year Scholarship, Deadline February 1, 2021
Page Grant Foundation, Deadline April 1, 2021
(10) $5,000 Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund, Deadline April 2, 2021
(5) $5,000 Kao Kalia Yang Scholarship, Deadline April 2, 2021
Muslim Youth Leadership Awards, Deadline April 16, 2021
Selective Service System
What is it: Selective Service System is a pre-military draft. (FYI: It’s important to know that even though a man is registered, he will not automatically be inducted into the military. Registering with Selective Service does not mean you are joining the military.)
Why is this important? All males, ages 18 - 25, must register with Selective Service. It’s the LAW! [Learn more]
When do I need to register? There are several options...
- Sign up early -- starting at age 17 years and 3 months -- and the system will register you automatically when you turn 18 years old
- Register within 30 days of your 18th birthday (30 days before or 30 days after)
- As soon as possilbe if you missed the 60 day window.
How do I register? There are several options...
- Within your FAFSA
- At the post office
- Online at www.sss.gov
- Print a form and mail it in -- if you do not have a social security number you need to do this. Get help in the CCC.
- Learn more on the Selective Service Registration page.
What if you're female? Selective Service law as it's written now refers specifically to "male persons" in stating who must register and who would be drafted. For women to be required to register with Selective Service, Congress would have to amend the law. However, you can still join the miliatary, you just aren't required to register with the Selective Service. [Learn more]
CCC Contact Info
Achieve CCC Coordinator