GED Preparation Classes
Let us help you earn your GED!
The Hubbs Center offers two options for adults who want to prepare for their GED.
1. Traditional Classroom
2. GED Online Classes
GED prep is needed to ensure you have the best chance of passing the official GED test. A GED credential is the first step to making your dreams come true.
GED Online classes:
Students who choose this option must have a computer or tablet and internet access. Students enrolled in online GED classes can prepare for the GED in locations that are convenient for them: at home, at work, or from a library, coffee shop or workforce center!
Steps to enroll for Online GED classes:
1. Complete the ONLINE FORM - CLICK HERE!
2. A GED staff member will contact you.
3. Complete a reading and/or math assessment at the Hubbs Center.
4. Meet with the GED Teacher, who will help plan their online course work.
5. GET STARTED!
Online GED classes will use a variety of learning platforms, including ED Ready, Plato/Edmentum, Read Theory, and Google Classroom, customized to meet each student’s academic needs. Students will also have regular check-ins, both online and in-person, with a GED Teacher to talk about their progress. Teachers will work with students to ensure they are making progress towards completing their GED and longer-term goals, such as entering college or meeting a specific career goal
Traditional GED classes:
These classes are instructor led and are available in the morning, afternoon or evening. The classes will cover all GED subject areas: social studies, science, math, reading and writing skills.
Classes sizes average 10-12 students.
Teachers work with students to set up an individualized learning plan based on their specific goals and educational needs.
Steps to enroll for Traditional GED classes:
1. Learners will register at the Hubbs Center on Monday or Wednesdays from 9:00 to 11:30 or 2:00-5:30.
2. Take a reading and/or math assessment.
3. Attend an orientation after enrollment which will outline the class options available. A GED Teacher will help the students determine which educational preparation plan is the best fit for each individual student.
4. GET STARTED!