School Counseling Services
2021-2022 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Current 9th, 10th and 11th Graders:
You will register for next year's courses during Advisory on Tuesday, April 20th. Both In-Person AND Virtual students should register on Tuesday. All of the information you need to do this is below. Everyone should review the "How To Register Video" and the "How To Register PDF Instructions". You will also find grade-level registration forms and a link to the course catalog below.
The "Informational Slide Show for Registration" link has a lot of great information regarding the IB Program, PSEO, and other opportunities for 11th and 12th grade. This slide show is specifically important for current 10th grade students, so please look through it carefully.
If you have questions about registration or what courses to choose for next year, please speak to your current teacher in that subject area about their recommendation. If you have further questions about registration you can contact your school counselor. Scroll down this web page for counselor contact information.
The registration window will remain open until 3:00pm on Monday, May 3rd.
INCOMING 9th GRADE (Class of 2025) REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Welcome to the Highland Park Sr High School Class of 2025! We are excited to welcome you into the Highland family, and we look forward to sharing the next four years together. The next step in your journey to high school is to select classes for next year. Follow the steps below to select and register for classes. Please complete registration by Sunday, May 2, 2021.
- Step 1- Review Registration Slideshow: Click Here
- This is a slideshow and audio recording of the incoming 9th grade Registration Information Event. It includes a lot of information, such as, an introduction to Highland, an overview of graduation requirements, and information to help guide you in selecting classes.
- Step 2- Review the 9th Grade Registration Form: Click Here
- Shows the 9th grade course options.
- For a brief description of course offerings, see the HPSH Course Catalog: Click Here
- Step 3- Complete 9th Grade Course Selection Form: Click Here
- This is your last step! Select your preferred classes by completing this form.
On-Site Support Counselor Rotation
12:30-3:00pm Monday-Thursday beginning 02/22/2021
- Mondays: Megan Pankow, Jevita Baheriy & Carissa Franklin (Social Worker)
- Tuesdays: Megan Pankow, Kim Esso & Kia Yang (substitute for Ms. Skaar)
- Wednesdays: Kenny Zimmerman, Jevita Baheriy & Carissa Franklin (Social Worker)
- Thursdays: Kenny Zimmerman, Kim Esso & Kia Yang (substitute for Ms. Skaar)
Licensed School Counselors
- Jevita Baheriy (Grade 9 Capitol Hill & CCRC 9-12)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/jbaheriyhighland
- Office: 651-744-3436
- Google Voice: 612-568-4557
- Ms. Baheriy's Webpage
- Kia Yang (Grade 9 Substitute for Ms. Skaar)
- Email: email@example.com
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/mskia/meetings-with-ms-kia?month=2021-03
- Office: 651-744-3668
- Google Voice: 651-321-4475
- Johanna Skaar (Grade 9)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/jskaarhighland
- Office: 651-744-3668
- Google Voice: 612-467-9142
- Ms. Skaar's Webpage
- Megan Pankow (Grades 10-12 Last names A-G)
- Email: email@example.com
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/megan-pankow/student-check-in-with-ms-pankow
- Office: 651-744-6758
- Google Voice: 651-447-8603
- Ms. Pankow's Webpage
- Kim Esso (Grades 10-12 Last Names H-Q)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/kimberly-esso
- Office: 651-744-3968
- Google Voice: 612-568-3720
- Ms. Esso's Webpage
- Kenny Zimmerman (Grades 10-12 Last Names R-Z)
- Email: email@example.com
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/kenneth-zimmerman
- Office: 651-744-5693
- Google Voice: 612-470-1839
- Mr. Zimmerman's Webpage
School Social Worker
- Carissa Franklin (General Education Students)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Voice: 612-548-1703
School Counseling Clerk
- Xong Her, Clerk
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 651-744-6616
- Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm on school days during the year
College & Career Resource Center (CCRC)
- Hours: 8:15am to 3:15pm on school days during the year
HELPFUL INFORMATIONRamsey County Children's Mental Health CollaborativeRCCMHC is a diverse community partnership of families and child-serving agencies.
Together, we work to build an integrated system of care for youth with mental health disorders and their families that supports:
resilience, recovery and wellbeing!National Alliance on Mental Illness
The Bridge for Youth
The Bridge for Youth launched its new 24-hour texting hotline for teens and families. The crisis hotline, (612) 400-SAFE, is staffed round the clock by professional staff and volunteers, trained to de-escalate crisis, provide emotional support, and connect youth and families with critical resources.