Pathway: Riverview (Community School for Area D) --> Humboldt --> Humboldt
Riverview (Spanish) --> Highland Park Middle School--> Highland Park Senior High School
All educational activities at Riverview West Side School of Excellence - Dual Language (Spanish/ English) are designed for K-6 students around a standards based curriculum in reading, writing and math. This provides an integrated approach to education that balances the children's learning experiences with their stage of development.
Teachers focus on helping students understand what they read while building skills in phonics, language and vocabulary. The Project for Academic Excellence is integrated throughout the instructional day. All grade levels are involved in Reader's and Writers Workshop. There is a 60 minute period for teaching Everyday Math.
The Dual Language Immersion program prepares English-dominant and Spanish-dominant speakers to be fluent in the four modalities of Spanish and English literacy by the end of sixth grade: Reading, writing, listening and speaking in academic and social settings.
- Spanish/English Dual Language Immersion Program: English and Spanish speaking students will be fluent in the four modalities of Spanish and English by the end of sixth grade
- Project for Academic Excellence - Reader's and Writer's Workshop
- Everyday Math
- Performing Arts: Multi-grade level performances celebrating multicultural activities using music and dance. Choir and band performances
- Community Partnerships: Boys/Girls Club of America; Neighborhood House School First; Common Bond AmeriCorp Multicultural Communities in Action; Building Blocks; Urban Teacher Education Partnership, Minnesota ReadingCorp
- Distinctive Features: All Day Kindergarten; Bilingual staff; small diverse student population; uniforms. Additional support staff to address the multiple needs of our students and their families
- School-wide social skills development: Riverview Elementary School is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning environment through the use of a school-wide social skills curriculum: Getting Along Together
- After school opportunities: After School ALC Program: Academic Support, Choir, Band, Mexican Folklorico Dance Classes, Chess Club
- Prospective Family Classroom Visits Available All Week - Please call for an appointment