Numeracy Instructional Units
This numeracy curriculum that blends numeracy with life skills themes was made possible by an EL Civics grant (2011-2013) through the Minnesota Department of Education.
Instructional units and teaching materials were designed by
- Lia Conklin Olson.
Special thanks to the following teachers for their contributions:
- Louella Francisco for benchmark alignment with the Massachusettes Numeracy curriculum during the 2012-2013 development phase.
- Anne Skoglund for piloting the teaching materials and providing feedback (2011-2013).
- Marcie Vaiphei for lesson plans and benchmark alignment with the Massachusettes Numeracy curriculum during the 2011-2012 development phase.
- Mollie Cooper for brainstorming ideas and finding supplemental materials.
- Jennifer Asp for creating a few of the activities during the 2009-2010 EL Civics grant.