AchieveMpls partners with SPPS to Launch Career and College Centers in 4 Saint Paul High Schools
AchieveMpls and Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) are launching a new pilot program to create Career & College Centers (CCCs) in four Saint Paul high schools, including Central High School, Como Park Senior High, Humboldt High School and Creative Arts Secondary School.
The four CCCs will open at the start of the new school year on September 3.
The new SPPS CCCs are modeled on AchieveMpls Career & College Centers in Minneapolis public high schools, which have been operating since 2005 and serve over 9,000 students each year.
- One-on-one advising for students in exploring career interests
- Career fairs and informational interviews with professionals from a wide variety of fields
- Worksite tours at local companies
- College fairs, tours and rep visits
- College research, application and planning assistance
- FAFSA, Minnesota Dream Act and financial aid guidance
- ACT, ACCUPLACER and other postsecondary test prep and support
- Connections to Right Track internships and other college access resources