AP Test Registration form and info
The Central 2019 AP Test registration is now available!
Here is the letter sent home...
January 17, 2019
Dear Parents and Students,
Registration for the Advanced Placement (AP) May 2019 Examinations will begin Monday, January 21, 2019 and continue through Sunday, February 10, 2019. Students taking AP classes are expected to register for AP exams. Registration information is listed here:
● Registration will be online. A link to register will be available at https://www.spps.org/central Students complete a single Registration Form for all of their AP exams.
● Students must submit the registration form online on or before February 10, 2019.
● No fee is required to register for AP Exams.
● Students who have conflicts with IB Exams will be offered an alternate date for AP testing. The IB/AP office will notify such students accordingly. Students should also review their IB and AP Exam Schedule for conflicts.
● Students may take AP exams without having taken an AP Course.
● If students do well on their exams, college credit may be awarded. For information on college graduation credit or advanced standing please visit www.collegeboard.com or go to individual college websites.
● Deadline to apply for testing accommodations is February 22, 2019
Students requesting special testing accommodations must indicate this on their AP Registration Form; AND contact Kimberly Totushek, the SSD Coordinator to complete the application for testing accommodations.
Please contact Robb Lageson for additional information.
Mary Mackbee, Principal Robb Lageson, AP Coordinator
AP Exams offered at Central High School May 2019: The Exam schedule is available on the school website central.spps.org
1. AP Biology: Monday, May 13 - Morning
2. AP Calculus AB: Friday, May 24 –Morning - Late Exam-Conflict with IB Math 5/14/19
3. AP Calculus BC: Friday, May 24 - Morning - Conflict with IB Math exam 5/14/19
4. AP Chemistry: Thursday, May 9 - Morning
5. AP Computer Science A: Friday, May 17 - Afternoon
6. AP English Language and Composition: Wednesday, May 15 - Morning
7. AP English Literature and Composition: Wednesday, May 8 - Morning
8. AP Environmental Science: Monday May 6 - Afternoon
9. AP German Language and Culture, Thursday, May 9 -Afternoon
10. AP Human Geography: Tuesday, May 14 - Afternoon
11. AP Macroeconomics: Friday, May 24, Afternoon – Late Exam-Conflict with IB Econ 5/15/19
12. AP Microeconomics: Friday, May 17 - Morning
13. AP Physics 1: Tuesday May 7 - Afternoon
14. AP Physics C (Mechanics): Monday, May 13 - Afternoon
15. AP Physics C (Electricity and Magnetism): Monday, May 13 - Afternoon
16. AP Spanish Language and Culture, Tuesday, May 7 - Morning
17. AP Statistics: Thursday May 16 - Afternoon
18. AP United States Government and Politics: Monday, May 6 - Morning
19. AP United States History: Friday, May 10 - Morning
20. AP World History: Thursday May 16 – Morning
Note: AP German Language and Culture and AP Spanish Language and Culture Exams are tentative exam offerings dependent on demand from Central students and staffing requirements.
AP Exam scores are reported on a 5-point scale as follows:
5- Extremely well qualified*
4- Well qualified*
2- Possibly qualified*
1- No recommendation to receive college credit or advanced placement**
College Board AP Awards
AP Scholar: Students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
AP Scholar with Honor: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
AP Scholar with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
State AP Scholar: Granted to the one male and one female student in each U.S. state and the District of Columbia with scores of 3 or higher on the greatest number of AP Exams, and then the highest average score (at least 3.5) on all AP Exams taken.
National AP Scholar: Granted to students in the United States who receive an average score of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.