AP Exams info
Registration for 2019 AP Exams has expired.
Contact Robb Lageson with any questions
AP Exams offered at Central High School May 2019: The Exam schedule is available on the school website central.spps.org
1. AP Biology: Monday, May 13 - Morning
2. AP Calculus AB: Friday, May 24 –Morning - Late Exam-Conflict with IB Math 5/14/19
3. AP Calculus BC: Friday, May 24 - Morning - Conflict with IB Math exam 5/14/19
4. AP Chemistry: Thursday, May 9 - Morning
5. AP Computer Science A: Friday, May 17 - Afternoon
6. AP English Language and Composition: Wednesday, May 15 - Morning
7. AP English Literature and Composition: Wednesday, May 8 - Morning
8. AP Environmental Science: Monday May 6 - Afternoon
9. AP German Language and Culture, Thursday, May 9 -Afternoon
10. AP Human Geography: Tuesday, May 14 - Afternoon
11. AP Macroeconomics: Friday, May 24, Afternoon – Late Exam-Conflict with IB Econ 5/15/19
12. AP Microeconomics: Friday, May 17 - Morning
13. AP Physics 1: Tuesday May 7 - Afternoon
14. AP Physics C (Mechanics): Monday, May 13 - Afternoon
15. AP Physics C (Electricity and Magnetism): Monday, May 13 - Afternoon
16. AP Spanish Language and Culture, Tuesday, May 7 - Morning
17. AP Statistics: Thursday May 16 - Afternoon
18. AP United States Government and Politics: Monday, May 6 - Morning
19. AP United States History: Friday, May 10 - Morning
20. AP World History: Thursday May 16 – Morning
Note: AP German Language and Culture and AP Spanish Language and Culture Exams are tentative exam offerings dependent on demand from Central students and staffing requirements.
AP Exam scores are reported on a 5-point scale as follows:
5- Extremely well qualified*
4- Well qualified*
2- Possibly qualified*
1- No recommendation to receive college credit or advanced placement**
College Board AP Awards
AP Scholar: Students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
AP Scholar with Honor: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
AP Scholar with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
State AP Scholar: Granted to the one male and one female student in each U.S. state and the District of Columbia with scores of 3 or higher on the greatest number of AP Exams, and then the highest average score (at least 3.5) on all AP Exams taken.
National AP Scholar: Granted to students in the United States who receive an average score of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.