Return to Headlines

Como Park Elementary Turns 100!


Como Park Elementary opened its doors to welcome students for the first time during the 1916 - 1917 school year. An African American architect, Clarence Wesley Wigington, designed our building. Originally, Como had only eight classrooms, including one kindergarten room which is now a pre-kindergarten room near the main entrance. The school had a big stage where students would perform plays and other activities. There was also a little office for the principal and one for the nurse. Look for upcoming exciting celebrations this spring!
 
Read about us in the Midway Monitor here.