Free Summer Meals at Horace Mann School This summer hot lunches will be available at Horace Mann School and Randolph Heights Elementary to children 18 & under) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and cold lunches will be available Fridays. Children do not need to be enrolled in anything to get the free lunch. They can simply come in and grab a lunch. Lunch at Horace Mann will be at 11:30am and at Randolph Heights it will be at noon.
Horace Mann Carnival is TODAY! Please join us tonight, May 31 from 5-8pm for the Horace Mann School PTA Street Carnival! It's a fun event for the whole community to celebrate the end of the year.
Come hungry! We will have food trucks selling meals and snacks:
- The Purple People Feeder (burgers, hot dogs, cheese curds, fries) https://www.facebook.com/thepurplepeoplefeeder/
- Potter's Pasties (pasties) http://potterspasties.com/
- The J-Mobile (gluten-free, vegan, veggie tacos) http://www.jselbys.com/the-j-mobile
- Fro Yo Soul (frozen yogurt) http://www.fro-yo-soul.com/
Field Day on Monday, June 3: Volunteers Still Needed Mark Castillo is planning and coordinating a Field Day for students on June 3.
- 9:15-10:35am for Grades 3-5 (8 events, 10-minutes per event)
- 1:15-2:45pm for Grades K-2 (9 events, 10-minutes per event)
Volunteers will help run an event while the teachers supervise the students. We need 10 volunteers for each session. No special expertise needed, just your gift of time and presence.
Make sure your child has light clothing, running shoes, water, and sunscreen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Bring in Your Box Tops Collection Before the End of the School Year Help us reach our goal for fundraising via the Box Tops program by bringing in your Box Tops that you have collected over the course of the school year. Have your children submit their collection to their classroom teacher or drop in the main office box prior to June 4.
Thus far this school year we have raised almost $800 for Horace Mann - help us reach our goal of $1,000!
Change to Box Tops Program Beginning in 2019 Big changes are coming to the Box Tops program starting with select products in 2019! Over the next few months you’ll begin to see a new way to earn cash for our school. You’ll start to see a new Box Tops icon (see picture attached) on participating products - when you purchase a product with this icon you will then have the ability to scan your receipt to earn dollars for Horace Mann via the Box Tops Bonus App on your phone.
What does this mean?
Eventually the paper Box Tops will no longer be accepted. During this interim time (for the next two years) we can still accept and submit paper box tops up until their expiration date.
How does the new program work?
Parents will now download the Box Tops Bonus app, register, and select a school (we are registered as Mann Elementary School), and scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. The app will automatically add Box Top earnings to our school’s earnings online, giving visibility to see how you are supporting our school in real-time.
What do we do now?
Students will come home with another collection bag before the end of the school year as most eligible products have not transitioned to the new program. Continue to clip and save the paper Box Tops as they can still be submitted and earn money for the school.
Support our Box Tops collection efforts by downloading the Box Tops Bonus app. As packaging begins to transition over to the new program in 2019 on eligible products you’ll be prepared to begin scanning your receipt and earn dollars for Horace Mann!
We will share additional information about the new program again in the fall, but wanted to make everyone aware of these changes to the program.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Heather Clark at email@example.com.
PTA Seeks Volunteers for the 2019-2020 School Year Interested in getting more involved next year? The Horace Mann PTA is always looking for new volunteers, committee members, and committee co-chairs! The PTA is specifically seeking a Co-Communication Board member and both co-chairs for the Volunteer Coordinator Board position. Additional Committee chair needs include: Family Volunteer Service Chair (or 2), Yearbook (or 2), Scholastic Book Fair (or 2), Silent Auction (or 2), Spring Plant Sale (or 2). If interested, please contact Karla Lauerman Cummins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nikki Mechelke at email@example.com.
Great Gatherings Spots Still Available Visit Great Gatherings today to sign up.
Here's what's available in May/June:
- June 8: Mom's Stand-up Paddleboarding
- June 11-13: 3-Day Li'l Spikers Boys Volleyball Camp 3-5th graders
- June 12: 5th Grade Moms Night Out
- June 14: Outdoor Family Movie Night
- June 20: Canoe the Mississippi River
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Horace Mann School on Social Media
- Facebook- Follow Horace Mann School @SPPSHoraceMannSchool.
- Follow the PTA group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/432804370448748/.
- Twitter- Follow Principal Litwin @SPPS_PrinLitwin.
Monday, June 3
- 9:15-10:35am Field Day for Grades 3-5 (8 events, 10-minutes per event)
- 1:15-2:45pm Field Day for Grades K-2 (9 events, 10-minutes per event)
Tuesday, June 4
- 10:00am-12:00pm Thompson Class Field Day at Highland Park Community Center
Wednesday, June 5
- 9:30am-1:00pm 5th Grade Field Trip to Target Field
- 9:45am-12:30pm 4th Grade Field Trip to Zero Gravity, MoundsView
- 1:15-2:00pm All School Closing Assembly in the Gym
Thursday, June 6
- 9:00am 5th Grade Closing Ceremony in the Gym
- 9:30am-2:00pm 2nd & 3rd Grade Field Trip to Como Zoo
Friday, June 7
- 9:00am All School Movie Event 1
- 1:00pm All School Movie Event 2
Monday, June 10-Friday, August 30
- Summer Vacation
Friday, June 21
- 5:00-7:00pm 2019-2020 Kindergartener Meet Up at our Playground. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Saturday, July 27
- 10:00am-12:00pm 2019-2020 Kindergartener Meet Up at our Playground. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, August 25
- 3:00-5:00pm 2019-2020 Kindergartener Meet Up at our Playground. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Thursday, August 29
- 5:00-5:45pm Meet the Teacher Night for families last name L-Z
- 5:45-6:30pm Meet the Teacher Night for families last name A-K
Perspective submissions are due by 7:30am on Thursdays. Submissions after 7:30am will be included in the next edition.