What is the property tax refund program?
- There are two kinds of homeowner refunds, and some people qualify for both:
- If your income is below approximately $110,000 (amount set in January of the year taxes are filed).
- If your property taxes increased more than 12 percent and at least $100 over the prior year.
Learn more about the homeowners refund here and be sure to apply if you are eligible ‒ more than one-third of those eligible never apply.
- Renters can also apply for a property tax refund. The refund is based on household income and how much property tax was paid through rent, as indicated by your landlord on their annual Certificate of Rent Paid. Learn about the renters’ refund here.
- Senior citizens may also also qualify for the Senior Citizens Property Tax Deferral Program. Learn more here.