Building Strong Schools for a Strong Community
After significant progress over the past five years to better focus our educational experience to the changing needs of our students, we are committed to taking learning to the next level in Saint Paul.
Closing the achievement gap isn’t about changing one thing, but about strategically and thoughtfully assembling the right system of programs and services. We are doing that in Saint Paul Public Schools by improving our instruction, our technology and our economic condition.
We are grateful to the Saint Paul community for its outstanding support of the students in our city over the past five years.
State of the District
SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENTS 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
• Healthy MCA increases in 3rd and 5th grade
• 100% of SPPS juniors take the ACT
• 80% of Special Education students thriving in general education classrooms
• 100% increase in students taking College in the School courses
• Freedom School stops summer slidefor more than 500 students
• Revitalized summer school
• 75% of Right Track employees are SPPS students
• Free breakfast and lunch pilot programs launched
• Expanding Chinese Mandarin immersion program
• Serving more Pre-K students
• Free vision screenings through Phillips Eye Institute
• Increased early childhood screeningsin partnership with Generation Next
• $14 million in new grant support
• SPPS info more available digitally via texts and social media
• SPPS a legislative resource